This lovely mushroom soup is guaranteed to impress your friends, vegan or not! In this recipe, we have used nuts to develop a thick creamy texture that makes this vegan mushroom soup so much more satisfying. Enjoy this vegan mushroom soup as a healthy lunch or dinner — it’s so easy to make!
- 1 pack of portobello mushrooms — sliced
- ½ cup boiled peanuts (can be substituted for pine nuts or cashews)
- 2 cups unsweetened oat milk (any plant milk can be used)
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 shallot — finely diced
- 3 garlic cloves — chopped
- salt to taste
- ½ tsp black pepper
- juice of ½ lemon
- ½ tsp thyme
- ½ tsp oregano
- ½ tsp rosemary
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- fresh coriander (for the garnish)
- In a large deep pot, heat olive oil.
- Add the garlic and onion and sauté well. Later, add peanuts (or pine/cashew nuts), mushrooms, salt and pepper.
- Sauté until the mushrooms begin to release water (now, remove a few mushrooms and place to the side for the garnish).
- Add oat milk and stock and bring to a boil, then simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Once cooled, blend this mixture until smooth.
- Now, transfer the soup to the pan again and add the herbs and lemon juice (if your taste buds are craving spices, add a pinch of paprika).
- Garnish with mushrooms and coriander, and serve along with some crackers .
Enjoy your vegan mushroom soup!
If you have any vegan recipes to share and you fancy yourself a photographer, get in touch with us today .