A hearty, satisfying meal when you want something comforting and filling. These tasty sweet potato and chickpea patties are also great to have as left overs in a salad the next day. The nutritious patties are easy to make and require minimal preparation.
This recipe makes 3-4 patties.
- 1 tin drained chickpeas
- 1 sweet potato, peeled, chopped into chunks and well boiled
- 1/2 chopped red onion
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic granules
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Small handful of flour
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- Wholemeal buns
- Slices of avocado
- Spoonful of hummus
- Fresh spinach
- Boil the sweet potato for around 15min (until soft inside — check with a fork) and drain, add to a mixing bowl and also add the drained chickpeas.
- Use a potato masher and mash together.
- Use a wooden spoon to mix in the onion and herbs.
- Use your hands to separate the mixture into patties and lightly cover them in flour on both sides.
- Heat up a small frying pan with olive oil and place the patties on each side until golden brown.
- Serve in a wholemeal bun and top with hummus, avocado and spinach.